Get started today by setting up a free account with triSearch.
Learn more about Practice Management Software, triConvey.
A Title Search also known as a Certificate of Title or deed reference, is a legal document that outlines the specifics of a property.
It provides details of the current owner, any associated dealings, and a land description. A title search is used to assure the current owners’ details, information on a mortgage registered and to see if the property has any issues that could change the outcome of the transaction. The search will advise the purchaser whether there are any restrictions on the use of land and if any liens exist, which need to be paid off at closing.
triSearch provides access to all Australian land registries, including
- ACT Land Information System
- New South Wales Land Registry Services
- Northern Territory Department of the Attorney General and Justice
- Queensland Government Business and Industry Portal
- South Australia – Land Services
- Tasmanian Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment
- Victoria Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Western Australia Landgate
Related information and articles you might be interested in.
The user-friendly platform and helpful staff made switching to triSearch a breeze. Searches and Certificates come back faster and on the rare occasion I require the HelpDesk, they always seem to find a solution.
Philippa Mason, Licensee